The End of the World REading Club Bookmark design competion
Our custom designed bookmarks have been a huge hit with you guys from the very start of the club so it makes sense for us to create a set of club bookmarks for our upcoming merchandise range. So here's your chance to flex your creative muscles and win some goodies.
The Prize: A free month on your current subscription plan along with an extra book from our swaps list and two pieces of club merchandise of our choosing.
Who can enter: Any currently subscribed member can enter, we're happy for you to get your kids involved so long as they're little and not, for instance, thirty-something and working as a graphic designer 😆
The Design Specification:
- You are designing a double-sided bookmarks with an apocalyptic and/or dystopian theme.
- Your bookmark should have some element of our branding such as the club logo or use of the yellow and black colour scheme on one or both sides of the design.
- The finished size of the bookmark will be 55mm x 210mm.
- You don't need to supply your entry in a fancy format, a photo on your phone will do if that's what you can manage. Although I'd love you to bits if it was a print-ready pdf with 3mm bleed I want a fair and accessible competition more than ease of production!
- Any imagery used should either have been produced by yourself or adapted from royalty free images (from sources such as Canva or Pixabay for instance).
How to enter: Email your files or photos to email@example.com along with your name as it appears on your subscription. You may enter as many times as you like but each design must be significantly different. The deadline for entry is 1st June 2023. Your entry will be anonymised and shared inside the member's only Facebook group along with all other entries in order to gather votes. The design with the most votes at the end of 8th June will be the winner! In the event of a tie The End of the World Reading Club has the casting vote.
The boring bit: By entering in to this competition you are passing the intellectual property rights for the artwork you have created to The End of the World Reading Club to use as they see fit with no compensation to yourself other than the prize as specified above. The prize is not transferable and there are no alternative prizes. The End of the World Reading Club reserves the right to reject entries on any grounds, including but not limited to: innapropriate or discriminatory language or images; the use of any imagery or fonts that contravene another person's or entity's intellectual property rights; failure to follow the design specification or other rules of entry as laid out on this page.